Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I LOVE Marrakech!

Went to Marrakech on a girls trip in January. Stayed at the most wonderful hotel I have ever stayed at!It was a large family house rebuilt to the most amazing place. At Riad El Fenn everything was a delight for all senses. They have a great art collection on display around the house, all rooms had its own character, they have their own little spa and Hamam, the food was delicious, staff very friendly and helpful, and they had the most fabulous roof terrace, a real haven to enjoy the sun, some drinks or a meal.



Riad El Fenn also arrange and hosts the Marrakech art biennale, focusing on cutting-edge contemporary art, literature and film. This year running from February 29th to March 3rd, although most of the artwork from the Biennale will be displayed at the Riad until the beginning of June. For more informaiton about the Biennale, click here.


If you are going to Marrakech, I can also recommend this site, which is Gwyteth Paltrows guide to Marrakech. The shopping was great too, and very cheap! (Don´t forget to bargain!) I bought colourful bowls, and for art I got beautiful iron work from a blacksmith in a corner of the market. I can not stop raving about Marrakech, and I will go back as soon as I can!



No comments:

Post a Comment