Saturday, March 17, 2012

Favourites of the Affordable Art Fair; In Battersea Park until Tomorrow!

Went for a quick visit to the Afordable Art Fair in Battersea Park yesterday and today. Here are my favourites!

At the gallerist Bernard Chauchet I found these delicate trees, about 20 cm tall, made by Lebanese artist Nayla Gabriel. They are made of thin wire and cut out tiny tiny leaves. The tree above has leaves made of flags, the one below is called "The Wealth Tree" and has leaves made of dollar bills.



You can also get a "generation tree" with names on all leaves. The leaves ón the ground symbolising passed generations. The dollar tree costs 2500 pounds. I´m not surprised since there are many many hours of work behind each tree. They were really beautilfully made, the detail and quality was amazing. When you get close to the tree the thin branches and delicate leaves starts to vibrate from your movements. Beautiful!

A very clear trend at the fair was hologram art work. This piece displayed in Hicks Gallery was my favourite, I would LOVE to own it!! Check it out, it´s a film: 



I WANT!

The super-cool Marilyn Monroe piece is made of Martin Richardson, the professor in Modern Holography at De Montfort University. It is very well made, it actually looks like you are watching a short film clip of Marilyn. If I would pick one piece to invest my money in at the fair, it would be this one, for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment